Animas River Greenway in Durango, CO.
GOCO’s Connect Initiative will help increase access to the outdoors in Colorado communities by filling trail gaps, building new trails, and providing better walkable and bikeable access for youth and families. Applicants may request up to $2 million for trail construction projects.
who can apply
Eligible grantees include municipalities, counties, and Title 32 special park and recreation districts that receive Conservation Trust Fund monies from the Department of Local Affairs. These eligible entities may also sponsor projects on behalf of entities that are not eligible for GOCO funding such as school districts, non-profit organizations, etc.
Projects must be primarily for trail construction, however, land acquisitions may be considered with staff approval. There is no requirement for surface type. Projects that present an exciting opportunity to leverage partnerships and outside funding, connect important trail segments, and are shovel-ready may score more competitively.
how to apply
Email Local Government Program Manager Jake Houston at email@example.com to discuss your eligibility for this special initiative. Please include three times you are available for a phone call to discuss your project.
The maximum Connect Initiative grant request is $2 million, with a minimum match of 25% of the total project cost, of which, a minimum of 10% must be cash. GOCO will not fund more than 75% of the total project cost. Read program details >>
when to apply
- April 17, 2017: Concepts Due
- June 15, 2017: Board decision on concepts for full application at GOCO Board Meeting in Alamosa
- June 2017: Applications distributed to selected projects
- August 2017: Applications due via online portal
- December 15, 2017: Grants awarded at GOCO Board Meeting in Longmont (construction may not begin until after grant is awarded and a grant contract is signed). Projects have up to three years to complete trail construction (November 30, 2020).
Contact Jake Houston, Local Government Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.