Bender Conservation Easement near Buena Vista, CO.
The Transaction Costs Grant Program helps facilitate donated conservation easement projects that would not otherwise be successful in the face of prohibitive transaction costs for the landowner. Grants are capped at $50,000 per property.
All GOCO grants are reimbursement grants, meaning funds will not be distributed until closing. However, GOCO recognizes some grantees that will be awarded a transaction cost grant will need funding to reach closing, and GOCO is coordinating with Colorado Open Lands on potential loan options to ensure maximum program success.
Who Can Apply
This program is open to all entities eligible to receive GOCO open space purpose funds:
- Colorado municipality or county
- Political subdivision of the State of Colorado that includes in its mission the identification, acquisition, or management of open space and natural areas
- Non-profit land conservation organization (land trust or 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that includes in its mission the identification, acquisition, or management of open space and natural areas)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
How To Apply
- Transaction Costs Budget Form
- Publicity Requirements Letter
- Eligibility Requirements
- Appraisal Guidelines
when to apply
- January 6, 2020: Application available by request
- March 5, 2020: Applications due
- June 2020: Grants awarded
Contact Alex Castino at 303.226.4517.