To support the vision outlined in our 2020 strategic plan, and be a more collaborative, proactive, and flexible funder, we have realigned our internal structure. GOCO is excited to announce several positions, including four new regional officer opportunities located across Colorado. Our headquarters will remain in Denver, but through the regional officer positions, we look forward to expanding our team for greater local, on-the-ground presence. We believe this will help us better support our grantee partners and the communities they serve.
We have one regional officer position open in each of the four regions listed here:
- North (Colorado counties in the region: Grand, Jackson, Kit Carson, Larimer, Logan, Moffat, Morgan, Phillips, Routt, Sedgwick, Yuma, Washington, and Weld)
- South/Southeast (Colorado counties in the region: Baca, Bent, Cheyenne, Crowley, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Kiowa, Las Animas, Lincoln, Otero, Prowers, Pueblo, and Teller)
- Central/San Luis Valley (Colorado counties in the region: Alamosa, Archuleta, Chaffee, Conejos, Costilla, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Lake, Mineral, Park, Rio Grande, and Saguache)
- West/Southwest (Colorado counties in the region: Delta, Dolores, Eagle, Garfield, La Plata, Mesa, Montrose, Montezuma, Ouray, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, San Juan, San Miguel, and Summit)
Regional Officer applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to the region of application.The Communications roles are based in Denver.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will accept applications until 4 p.m. on Monday, April 12. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community are encouraged to apply. Great Outdoors Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please review and share these job descriptions:
- Regional Officer Job Description
- Communications Associate Job Description
- Communications Intern Job Description
The Regional Officer and Communications Associate positions are eligible for a full and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability/maternity and paternity leave
- Pension plan/mandatory deferred compensation plan
- Vacation and sick leaves/holiday pay
- Training and educational opportunities
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
If you're interested in learning more about our staff and their experience prior to working at GOCO, visit our staff page.
Download the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education Natural Resource Career Guide >>
While GOCO doesn't offer volunteer opportunities, some of our partners do. If you're interested in volunteering on an outdoor recreation or stewardship project, please contact Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado or Colorado Parks and Wildlife.