Each GOCO grant program has its own application and forms, instructions, criteria and deadlines. New applications are developed for each grant cycle, with changes occasionally made between cycles. Always use the current grant application. For an overview of current grant programs, visit this page, or see the individual grant program list in menu at the right.
GOCO offers annual grant cycles for our regular grant programs. We also offer special opportunity grants when finances allow. For specific dates for each grant program, click on the program you are interested in the sidebar to the right. If you are viewing this page on mobile, scroll to the bottom of the page for a complete listing of grant programs.
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
To save paper, all GOCO grant applicants are required to submit applications via a new online portal (tinyurl.com/GOCOGranteePortal). Applicants must first register on the site in order to upload their documents. GOCO will continue to offer pre-submission application reviews via email.
Our grant process is very competitive. In many of our programs, requests for funding in a given cycle are nearly three times the amount we have available for grant awards. The most successful projects incorporate a thorough public planning process and meet a documented need and demand.
To support the success of your application:
- Call staff prior to beginning work on your grant application to discuss the project’s eligibility and whether it will compete well in the process. Also feel free to contact us at any point during the completion of your application. We are always willing and happy to assist you.
- Thoroughly review the eligibility information contained in each application to ensure your project meets all requirements.
- Review the entire application prior to starting it.
- Submit a draft application to GOCO staff up to two weeks prior to the submission date for comments.
- Ask staff for sample applications.