Mt Garfield and the Town of Palisade, CO.
Open space grants help fund land conservation projects through fee acquisitions or conservation easements.
Land acquisition projects intended for low-impact, passive recreation with very limited facilities should be submitted through our Open Space Program; acquisition projects intended for high-impact, active recreation with significant facility development should be submitted through our Local Parks and Outdoor Recreation Grant Program.
Project areas include:
- Greenways/stream corridors
- Community separators
- Agricultural land
- Natural areas and wildlife habitat
- Scenic viewsheds
- Urban open space parcels
Who Can Apply
This program is open to all entities eligible to receive GOCO open space purpose funds:
- Colorado municipality or county
- Political subdivision of the State of Colorado that includes in its mission the identification, acquisition, or management of open space and natural areas
- Non-profit land conservation organization (land trust or 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that includes in its mission the identification, acquisition, or management of open space and natural areas)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
How To Apply
When To Apply
Consider submitting a draft application to GOCO staff no later than one month prior to the application due date for feedback and comments. Feel free to contact us at any point during the application process, we are happy to assist you.
- June 17, 2019: Application posted
- August 15, 2019: Applications due
- December 10, 2019: Grants awarded
Contact Alex Castino at 303.226.4517.