Eldorado Canyon State Park in Eldorado Springs, CO. Photo by Caveman Collective.
The Director’s Innovation Fund, created collaboratively between Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) and Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO), is designed to highlight and elevate unique, one-time projects that complement CPW’s and GOCO’s respective missions and strategic plans. Requests up to $25,000 will be considered and reviewed jointly by GOCO and CPW staff. If funding over $25,000 is needed, you must discuss your project with GOCO before submittal. The CPW Director will provide final endorsement before projects are presented to the GOCO Board for funding approval.
who can apply
The Director’s Innovation Fund is open to all CPW staff for parks or wildlife purpose projects. The Innovation Fund is intended for creative, one-time projects that are not funded annually through GOCO or other sources. Additionally, funding cannot be substituted or redirected for previously allocated funds.
how to apply
- Before beginning your application, applicants are encouraged to program manager Emily Orbanek (303-226-4515) to determine your project's eligibility.
- Download and review the grant application and forms below.
- All applications must be submitted directly to Emily Orbanek.
WHEN TO APPLY
- January 6, 2020: Application available on the GOCO website
- March 13, 2020: Draft applications due to Emily Orbanek (optional)
- April 3, 2020: Final application due to Emily Orbanek
- June 11, 2020: Grants awarded at the GOCO Board meeting
Contact Emily Orbanek at 303-226-4515.