Knorr Ranch in Summit County
GOCO’s Special Opportunity Open Space grant program seeks to fund high-quality, impactful conservation projects that seek funding beyond the $1 million maximum request amount set in GOCO’s ongoing open space grant program.
Each grant request must meet a $1 million minimum, but there is no set maximum. The GOCO Board has allocated approximately $7.7 million for this grant cycle. Applications for this program will be solicited via concept papers; only projects that are indeed of a higher need and impact than a traditional open space project will be invited to submit a full application.
Project areas include:
- Greenways/stream corridors
- Community separators
- Agricultural land
- Natural areas and wildlife habitat
- Scenic viewsheds
- Urban open space parcels
Who Can Apply
This program is open to all entities eligible to receive GOCO open space purpose funds:
- Colorado municipality or county
- Political subdivision of the State of Colorado that includes in its mission the identification, acquisition, or management of open space and natural areas
- Non-profit land conservation organization (land trust or 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that includes in its mission the identification, acquisition, or management of open space and natural areas)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
How to Apply
Call Alex Castino at 303.226.4517 to determine your project's eligibility and whether it will be competitive. Applications will be distributed to selected concepts only.
All grant applications must be submitted electronically through our online portal.
When to Apply
Consider submitting a draft application to GOCO staff no later than one month prior to the application due date for feedback and comments. Feel free to contact us at any point, as we are happy to assist you.
- October 28, 2019: Concept papers available by request
- December 19, 2019: Completed concept papers due
- March 13, 2020: Applications distributed to selected concepts
- April 9, 2020: Applications due from selected projects
- June 2020: Grants awarded
Contact Alex Castino at 303.226.4517.